Round 15 Results

June 30, 2017

SATURDAY, 29th July, 2017

PREMIER 1 (bonus points in brackets)

Ourimbah                    39 (1)
Caleb Pritchard 2, Josefa Biu, Brenton Law, Sam Kearney, Ryan Fenning tries;
Rob Richardson 3 conversions, 1 penalty goal

Kariong                       21
Yulari Smith, Blake Silvester tries;
Scott Hanley 1 conversion, 3 penalty goals

Avoca Beach               38 (1)
Blake Jacob, Josh Parish, Pat Wheatley, Mitch Jacob, Matt Anderson, Connor Kondrat tries;
Connor Kondrat 4 conversions

Woy Woy                   36 (2)
Damien Fleming, Zac Doake-Stride, Jordan Nikora, Hesse Polaula, Eparama Tuka tries;
Jordan Nikora 3 conversions;
Alex Moore 1 conversion;
Fokolulu Taumololo 1 penalty goal

Warnervale                 60 (1)
Mitchell Riley 2, Scott Fitzpatrick, Jack Hogan, Ketoni Toutai, Daniel Ford, Tevita Moala, Mitchell Johnson tries;
Cameron McNamara 7 conversions, 2 penalty goals

Gosford                       24 (1)
Jackson Steinbeck 2, Adam Howe, Daniel Glaves tries;
Adam Howe 1 conversion;
Josh Reid 1 conversion

Terrigal                       68 (1)
Frankie Webber 3, Dan Sargeant, Pat Niurua, Adam Dankert, Ryan Metcalfe, Sam Kenny, Daniel Hilton, Brent Merritt tries;
Adam Danckert 7 conversions;
Sekope Maea 1 conversion;
Frankie Webber 1 conversion

Hornsby                        5
Lachlan Skulander try

PREMIER 2 (bonus points in brackets)
Ourimbah        45 (1)  Kariong           12
Woy Woy       25        Avoca Beach   10
Gosford           36 (1)  Warnervale     19
Terrigal           57 (1)  Hornsby            0

PRESIDENTS CUP (bonus points in brackets)
Ourimbah        78 (1)  Kariong            7
Avoca Beach   24        Woy Woy       21 (1)
Gosford           64 (1)  Warnervale       0
Terrigal           20 (1)  Hornsby            0
The Entrance  17        The Lakes         3

COLTS (bonus points in brackets)
Kariong           45 (1)  Terrigal             5
Avoca Beach   27 (1)  Woy Woy         7


Things are hotting up in Central Coast rugby union and results yesterday still see the race to the Final Four very wide open.

The Match of the Day saw Ourimbah cement second place on the competition ladder when they defeated the third placed Kariong by 39 points to 21 at Ourimbah Rugby Park. Ourimbah played concerted rugby all day and having scored 6 tries to 2 in the match were the deserved victors. Ourimbah had the better of both halves. They got away to an excellent start and by halftime led by 20 points to 9. It was a comfortable lead but one that they knew could not be taken for granted. The Ourimbah backline were proving dangerous all game. The backs were able to score several long range tries and every time they had the ball in hand they were proving dangerous. Kariong had very little answer to their backline attack. Best for Ourimbah were backs Ryan Fenning, Brenton Law, Caleb Pritchard, and Rob Richardson. However players such as lock Josefa Biu and No.8 Sam Kearney were able to secure good ball at the set piece to enable their backs to attack. Kariong were always trying to get back into the match but could not get any real go forward. All the Kariong team tried hard but on the day none were better than lock Rob Brown, five-eight Mitch Clay and prop Cory Holwill. The win sees Ourimbah, like Terrigal, now ensured of a semi-final spot and their task now will be to secure a Major Semi-final place. Kariong are still in third spot but they know they have three teams very close behind them in the race to the Finals.

In a thrilling game of rugby at Woy Woy Oval, Avoca Beach were able to hang on to defeat Woy Woy by 38 points to 36. The first half was a totally even battle with both teams going try for try for the entire first 40 minutes. Both teams, when they were on attack within the opposition twenty-two, were able to cross for a try. The match was certainly proving entertaining for the crowd. However it was Avoca Beach who were able to go the halftime break leading by 21 points to 17, with the match certainly able to go either way at that stage. Both teams were making their mark, and the quite warm conditions were proving a test for some of the players. Although Woy Woy started the second half well they were unable to post points. In fact it was Avoca Beach who took the ascendancy when from the 10th to the 25th minute mark of this half they were able to cross for three vital tries. Some may have been against the run of play, but it was Avoca Beach who were setting the standard at this stage of the match. They had increased their halftime lead to 38 points to 17 and a victory appeared to be all sealed up. However Woy Woy suddenly started to put things together and they were able to cross for their own three quick tries and were able to control the final 10 minutes of the match. However time had run out and Avoca Beach were able to hang for a very important victory. Best players for Avoca Beach were flanker Blake Jacob, lock Emile Thomas, centre Matt Anderson and five-eight Mitch Jacob. Woy Woy were best served by the Fleming brothers, Corey and Damien, five-eight Jordan Nikora and centre Blake Arahill. Woy Woy are still positioned in fourth spot but have two teams breathing down their necks, and one of these is Avoca Beach. It makes for an exciting final three rounds of local rugby.

Warnervale continued their good recent form with a resounding win over Gosford by 60 points to 24 at Woongarrah Oval. It was all Warnervale from start to finish. Warnervale led by 31 points to 12 at the halftime break and were able to continue in the same vein in the second half when they scored a further 29 points. It was certainly one of their better efforts this season, and they certainly controlled all phases of the match. Gosford had no answer, and were never in a position to trouble the home team. Best players for Warnervale were Pat Walton, Zac McGowan, Simiote Teekafa, and Mitchell Riley who crossed for two individual tries. Best for Gosford was Jackson Steinbeck who crossed for 2 tries. Warnervale, with this win, remain in fifth spot on the competition ladder and can see the Finals but know they must win all games from now on if they are to make it.

Terrigal continued on their winning ways with a huge win over Hornsby at The Haven Oval, running out victors by 68 points to 5. Terrigal were always in charge and never looked like losing their undefeated record this season. They led from start to finish and although by halftime they only led by 14 points to nil. In the first half Hornsby were certainly taking the battle to them in that first half and making them earn their points. However the second half saw Terrigal really open up. Best for Terrigal were winger Pat Niurua, lock Joe Taylor, prop Dan Hilton, and fullback Frankie Webber who posted 17 individual points in the match with 3 tries and a goal. Hornsby gave it their all and their halfback Ben Astley had a resounding match for the entire 80 minutes.

The Entrance defeated The Lakes in the President’s Cup match at Slade Park by 17 points to 3 which proved a hard fought clash from start to finish.